Long Rules – Random Draw Trip Contest
Win a Safari for two In Botswana
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR: The Win a Safari for two In Botswana (“Contest”) is sponsored by SHARI TUCKER LUXURY TRAVEL & ADVENTURES, 82 ARMSTRONG COURT, Unit 125, Halifax, NS, Canada B3M 4M6 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: the Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter. All persons employed as travel agents are also disqualified. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules, including but not limited to the eligibility requirements set out herein. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on March 9, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. Atlantic Time and ends on May 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Atlantic Time (“Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Go to http://sharitucker.com/win-a-safari-for-2 and complete a Contest entry form. For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information. All entries must contain a complete name, address, e-mail address and telephone number to be a valid entry and are subject to verification by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Limit one entry form per person per e-mail address. Maximum number of total entries is 2,000. Additional entries for the Contest may be earned in the following ways:
- Answering the question ‘Tell us why you love working with a travel agent.’
- Entering a code received at the Vacations that Give Back Travel Talk on March 9, 2020;
- Booking a Qualifying Trip with the Sponsor during the Contest period. A Qualifying Trip is defined by the Sponsor as follows: 7 days or longer. Non-refundable deposit paid at time of booking, between March 9th and May 31st for travel commencing anytime prior to Dec 31, 2020 including at least two of the following components: professional fee, hotels, flights, insurance, group tour, cruise, river cruise. One code per person, per qualifying trip. (i.e. couple books 7 days on exact same itinerary, they get two codes – one per person. Couple books 3 nights hotels, but then one partner returns home and the other stays 4 more nights. The one who stayed 7 nights gets a ballot. The other one does not. Family of 5 books, they get 2 codes – only for the adults above 18.)
Additional entries are only available at time of initial contest form submission and cannot be added at a later date.
By entering and participating in this Contest, you agree that you have read and complied with all Contest rules.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entry forms that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry by Sponsor.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There is a total of one grand prize available to be won as (approximate value $29,122 USD). The Prize includes a total of seven nights’ accommodation at three of Wilderness Safaris (www.wilderness-safaris.com) camps in Botswana (3 nights at Kalahari Plains, 2 nights at Seba and 2 nights at Savuti) for two adults on a sharing basis – all meals, park fees, scheduled daily camp activities and drinks (excluding premium brand imports), and scheduled light aircraft transfers within Botswana from Maun to Maun. Accommodation and scheduled Wilderness Air light aircraft transfers is subject to other full paying guests in camp at the same time. The prize is valid for travel from 01 November 2021 through to 31 March 2022 but excludes travel between 20 December 2021 through to 11 January 2022 and any other public holidays that fall within this period. The prize is subject to availability at the time of booking and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Terms and conditions apply. Please note that this prize may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion and the validity period may not be extended. All international and regional scheduled commercial flights, insurances and any other items of a personal nature are excluded.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received before Contest End Date. The maximum number of total entries is 2,000.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On June 2, 2020 at 12:00 pm Atlantic Time in Halifax Regional Municipality, at Nova Scotia (“Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winner (“Selected Entrant”). A Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, the Sponsor’s time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call; (ii) comply with all Contest Rules; and (iii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and Travel Companion Release forms, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified by e-mail or telephone within one (1) business day of the draw. The Selected Entrant will be contacted using the e-mail address or telephone number provided at the time of entry into the Contest and up to three attempts will be made within 36 hours. Selected Entrants that do not or cannot accept a Prize, or do not or cannot travel, may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion may be chosen. Signed release forms must be received by Sponsor no later than June 15, 2020. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). Selected Entrants may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with a selected entry.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner and adult guest must sign Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and Travel Companion Release forms to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, including any travel thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
9. CONDUCT: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an un-sportsperson-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, all in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, e-mail address, social media handles, telephone number, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation. Any and all information provided for this Contest is provided to Sponsor not to Facebook or other social media platforms.
11. LAW: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Nova Scotia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia.
12. RULE AMENDMENTS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
13. INSURANCE: The Sponsor may require the winner and any guests to obtain travel insurance, including trip cancellation insurance, prior to departure, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© SHARI TUCKER LUXURY TRAVEL & ADVENTURES 2020. All Rights Reserved.